Monday, September 28, 2009

Contentment in spite of circumstances

I've needed some time to be away from the computer.  In fact, during the time away, we have also sold a television.  I have literally watched about 2 hours of t.v. in the past two weeks.  And I've been on the computer about 1 1/2 hours, at the most.  I must tell you....I needed it.  I needed to be away.  To be focused on hearing God right now. 

He has been so good.  So sweet.  I have no idea what is to come.  And I'm okay.  Yes, I have moments.  I wonder, "HOW is God going to show up for our family?"  And then I remember  CLAIM Matthew 6:32-34 as my own, which assures me that God knows exactly what I need.  He has never abandoned me or left me high and dry.  Ever.  All I have to do is put Him first.  And not worry.  No worrying allowed! 

So I've spent time with these guys.  And loved on them.  And let them love on me.  Here they were having some water time outside with Daddy.

Look at Braden' eyes.  Can you hardly stand it?  I look at him and melt.  And then I tear up thinking how much Jesus does that when He looks at me.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wish I could explain the depths of all God is doing in our family right now.  If ever we've truly desired simplicity, it is now.  And we are doing our best to make it happen. 

We don't need distractions that don't matter.  We need to be focused on all that God is growing us in. 

Hopefully down the line I can share some of What I'm Learning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


These guys were intently working on a project together.  I thought they were adorable.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the day winds down and they are resting on the couch, my heart is overwhelmed.  And grateful.  And blessed. 



4 comments:

Every Day Blessings said...

Love the post! I can't wait to see and hear all that God is doing in your family. Sometimes we just need to get away. Enjoy and Rest in His tender care.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Oh...my heart melts when I see their sweet...sweet..eyes. And, like you, I'm overwhelmed to know that the same happens to Jesus when he looks into my eyes.

I think that's what he longs for....for each of us to take the time...to step away...to REALLY look into HIS eyes...with that childlike faith..knowing he has ALL things in his hands.

You are still in my prayers friend.

Kim~

Colleen said...

I love you, your heart, your family and yes Lucy! I want to be like you when I grow up!!!

Connie :) said...

What a sweet and inspiring post, precious sister :) I can always count on you to remind me of what (ALL that) really matters! Love you, thanks for sharing :)