Sunday, November 15, 2009

Can you pass me the NyQuil, please?

Well, the CRUD has made it's way around our house....


First my sweet husband had it...major sniffles and slight cough.   
Then it escalated a bit as the littlest man in my home had what his Daddy had...plus a relatively low-grade fever for a couple of days.
Then WHAMMO!!!  Mommy got it.  Worse than anyone. 


Sniffling.  Sneezing.  Coughing.  Aching.  Stuffy head.  Fever.....
You got it.  I have downed this for 2 days.

Yesterday I began to feel a tad better, but decided to lay low.  Today I woke up and YUCK...I felt like my body was a lead weight!  Was I still sick?  Or have I had too much NyQuil??


My sweet husband....oh, what a prince he has been these past couple of days.  He has completely kept the boys out of my hair and given me lots of recovering space and time.  He is amazing.  He has spent many hours since late Friday afternoon being a mostly single dad.  This morning, he took them to church by himself so I could continue to rest. 

I was sitting in my bed when the 3 of them pulled into the driveway after church and I could vaguely hear the conversation outside.  All I can tell you is that it was becoming obvious that the testerone in my house has had too much togetherness!   I knew right then.....Momma is going to have to get it together...and fast! 


My youngest also doesn't like it when Mom is "unavailable" when we are home together, but since he can't seem to put words to his feelings, he tends to "punish" me with less than desirable behavior and then clings to his Daddy (and doesn't want anything to do with me). 

My time "off" these past couple of days just confirmed in me that a Momma's job is NEVER done.  There are no sick days where we are completely off duty.  This is a never-ending job with long hours, many thankless tasks, but full of many benefits (which I will again appreciate much more fully when I feel back to normal)!

So, I thank God:
~that I was sick on the weekend when Daddy could easily be home and rescue me.
~that I am blessed with a husband who can and will take over with the kids when needed.
~that the worst of this sickness is over.
~that He will sustain me as I now get back in the game of being Mommy~even while not at 100%.


I believe the saying goes something like this....
The Show Must Go On!

The formative period for building character for eternity is in the nursery. The mother is queen of that realm and sways a scepter more potent than that of kings or priests. ~Author Unknown

3 comments:

Love the Decor! said...

Hope your feeling better soon!!
glad hubby was around to help you out tho!!

Every Day Blessings said...

I am sorry that you are sick. I hate that mom's can never be sick or the whole show falls apart. Oh well,I guess it's job security.HA!
Praying that you feel better fast.

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

We are having the same thing going around our house too. Except ours has lingering fevers for 1 or 2 days...and major fatigue. I think it's the flu. I had it 2 weeks ago and this weekend, both my kids came down with it at the same time. I'm just waiting for my husband to catch it. He has managed to somehow avoid it so far. I hope you guys feel better and that you have seen the last of the crud. I hope we have too. Not sure how much more I can take seeing my kids get sick like this.