Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolution #2...as much as I hate to admit it!

For only the 2nd time in my 40 years of life, I am adding the resolution to get in shape (along with the rest of America) in 2010.  Actually, for only the 2nd time in my life, have I needed to.  I know, I know...before you log off now due to irritation, please know that there is a difference between FIT skinny and UNFIT skinny.  I may have been skinny most of my life...but definitely not always fit!  Regardless, now....I am 40....and neither fit NOR skinny.  Nice. 



So, I have a plan in place.  I actually gave myself until Monday, the 4th, to start....so I get one more day to indulge in fattening delights!  Nine years ago, I undertook the Body for Life challenge. It's a 3-month nutrition and exercise plan....and fairly easy to do.   I really liked it...and loved the results I got.   So now at 40 (and two babies later), I will try once more.

Today I took care of planning out the menu Bill and I will eat next week...and bought all the groceries.  We're set and ready to go!  I'll update you mid-week next week, when I feel like I've been hit by a mack truck.

I must admit, although I am looking forward to feeling like I look better....my main reason nine years later for doing this program again is to be healthy.  I want to take care of that which God has given me.  I will do my part to see that my sweet boys have a healthy, present Mom...and Bill has a vibrant, energy-filled wife.  If I get to actually wear a bikini this summer, then that is just a bonus.

What about you?  Do you have any fitness goals this year?

No comments: