Saturday, January 31, 2009

Simplicity....Schlimplicity!

What IS simplicity anyway????

Is it truly shredding away the things in our lives that complicate it? Or is it a state of mind we must embrace when life is complicated?? I wish it were the former, but I am starting to think it might be the latter.

I wish my camera would communicate with my computer...but guess what...they don't. And from what I understand, they never will see eye to eye. That's not good...or simple...in my life, if I am going to choose to blog!

In the quest to "simplify" my life, I decided to move my office from one room to another in my house. At the moment, I have STUFF everywhere. Right now it's not simple. It's quite frustrating. But's it life...at our house....today. So do I choose a heart of simplicity and embrace it? Or do I scream at my children all day because I can't find the stapler....or my electric bill?

I can't imagine how all that is on my "to-do" list today will get done. If I look at it overall, I begin to hyperventilate! But if I quietly, in my heart, give each item...and each moment... to the Lord, then MAYBE, just maybe, I'll get it all done. But maybe not. How will I choose to respond to that?

Have a wonderful, simple day in the Lord!

1 comment:

Connie :) said...

Girl, you have some deep thoughts! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. You know, growing up my (wonderful seamstress) mother made all my clothes and I remember the "Simplicity" dress patterns. Could it be that since I am missing the "sewing" gene (arrgh), I have a longstanding "block" against simplicity?! LOL! My story, and I'm sticking to it. Your blog has me thinking ... :)