Thursday, July 23, 2009

Somebody pinch me!

My man…

There are so many reasons he won my heart. I could go on and on. But I won’t right now. I will tell you that one of the reasons I love him so….is that he GETS me. He understands how I am wired. Even when I don’t always get me.

He knows that I need time alone. From time-to-time, I need time to focus on a project…kid-free; sleep without one ear open for a “Mommy cry out”; read or just sit in silence and think; or even go potty by myself. That’s just the way I’m wired.

So guess what my hunk a burnin' love did for me?! This very weekend he is giving me about 28 hours….ALONE. Let me say it again…it’s almost too hard to believe….

I am spending 28 glorious hours alone this weekend.

Yep, I think I even heard myself correctly. Now I will pinch myself.

But actually, it’s not alone per se….but it’s doing whatever my heart desires. I will set out on Saturday AM (8:00, to be exact) and hit the garage sales, with a Venti coffee in hand. Then I’ll have lunch with my friends, Amy and Pam. Then I’ll do a little bit of necessary family deal-shopping and such, since it’s Saturday, my usual shopping day, and I can’t shirk ALL responsibility. Then I meet another friend for coffee at 4:00.
But THEN, I will land here for the night:




Ahhhhh......

This is what my night will look like:

I will watch the tv shows of my choice…or none at all.
I will read my books…or not.
I will catch up on magazines...or go ahead and throw them in a recycle bin somewhere because free time to just look and read is so rare...and I know they won't ever get read.
I will sleep or maybe listen to music.
But my main objective is to work on this:

I will come home with a fully functional and organized set of recipe books. Alas, I have time to do this project that has hung over my head for almost 5 years now! Let me pinch myself again.

I also hope to come home well-rested, and ready to take on the second half of summer with two toddler boys! Amen.

2 comments:

Connie :) said...

Sistah, your man DOES rock!!! :) Enjoy your "me" time!! xoxoxo

Every Day Blessings said...

You have an awesome husband.Have a great time.You deserve it or maybe better than that need it!:)