Monday, September 14, 2009

Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

OK, I'm so NOT a cooking blog...but that seems to be what I have to share these days, so please bear with me. I'm always on the look-out for healthier, easy, kid-friendly recipes to try out on the family (poor guys). I love to share what we try and like. If you don't cook or don't care, tune out now.

This one this morning was easy, yummy and fun! It was great for my kids.


I can't seem to make this Blogger thing behave, so please excuse all the unnecessary spaces below!

Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

1 cup flour (I used 3/4 cup whole wheat and 1/4 cup all purpose)

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

2 T sugar (I used Sucanat)

2/3 cup buttermilk

1 egg

2 T pure maple syrup (I used honey)

2 T melted butter

1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir with a wire wisk.
  • In a separate bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
  • Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
  • Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
  • Bake 8-9 minutes.

Makes 24 mini pancake muffins.

Let cool slightly and remove from pan. Serve immediately. Can dip in maple syrup. Smile and enjoy!


My 3-year old sure did. Notice the melted chocolate all over his fingers!


He gave this recipe an A+.

1 comment:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

OH...these look YUMMY!!!

A great grab...eat..and go idea for Sunday mornings! :-)

Hope you are doing well....know that I've been thinking about you...and praying. :-)