Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This is what it is all about.

I promise that soon I'll get back to my "DIY project" posts, or "homemade kitchen goody" posts or "Mom of two funny toddler" posts or whatever posts you like that, for reasons unknown to me (and for which I am ever grateful!), you like to come visit from time to time. But for now, I am where I am. And I just have to work through it. And sometimes that looks like blogging about it.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you this sweet experience from today. I was cruising some of my favorite blogs and I came across this post today from one of my new blog friends, Kim. As I started to read, I started to cry. What she was saying spoke to me. I actually thought to myself, "she could be talking directly to me", since it was ministering so much to my heart. Well, guess what? She was. As I continued to read, I saw my name. Kathryn. She was addressing the hurt in my life. She was talking to me and several other sweet ladies going through their own difficult situations...and was encouraging us and praying over us.

I don't know about you, but WOW. This blew me over.

This is the body of Christ at work. Women, whom I don't know personally...and who don't know me...are lifting me and my family up to the Lord. There is such power in community. I stand in awe that God is using women I meet through blogging to soothe my heart and keep me focused on Truth.

Thank you, God. And thank you, Kim, for your sweet post. If you haven't already, head over there and read her blog. She has an amazing heart for others. And her post will lead you to the stories of a few other women who really could use your prayers as well.

And thank you, new blog friends (there are others besides Kim) as well as my sweet personal good as gold friends (notice I didn't say "old" friends)...for listening. For praying. For reading. For commenting. For encouraging.

Now, I promise I'll lighten up a bit in the days to come. I've got some new projects I'm working on around here. I'm excited to share!

No comments: