Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ramblings....

This will probably be a longer post than anyone would possibly want to read today, but that’s okay. I’m overwhelmed by God’s presence in our family and in my life right now…I can’t even begin to express it. So, in this feeble attempt, I’ll try.

There is nothing like need to draw you to the feet of Christ…which is so where we should be always, even, in our excess. But when we feel NEED, and are at the end of ourselves, that is when God shows up.


When your fear of God is bigger than your fear of your circumstance, then God says, “WATCH THIS!”
Tony Evans

In this trial, we have not panicked. But before you pat me on the back, know this…it is God. It is GOD who has placed us in the family, in the church and in the community of friends he placed us in for such a time as this. It is GOD who has revealed His Truth to us in His Word. It is God who hears our prayers…and answers. It is GOD who draws us closer to Him so we feel His presence in our lives. It is GOD.

So we have been faithful to take Him at His word. And He is showing up. He never ceases to amaze me. He delights in faithful kids, looking upward to the Hand of the Father. He is faithful. He said He would provide. He has. He said He would give us peace that passes all understanding. He has. He said He would guide our steps. He has. He said He will never leave us. He hasn’t. He is a God that doesn’t deceive and doesn’t lie.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a lighter, less “preachy” note…..


What have we been doing around here?


Well, this is who joined me for breakfast this morning….

Meet Darth Vader and the Storm Trooper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then a few days ago as we were outside playing...and the mosquitos were just awful, this is what Braden did.





I wish I had gotten a "final"picture...he was coated in mud!!  I found out later that he was protecting his skin from mosquitos, like Bear Grylls, on Man Vs. Wild.
Makes sense, right?
And truth be told, he's the only one that didn't get bites that night....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In my quest to simplify life right now, I've been trying to FINISH some old projects that have been hanging over me, before I start any new ones. 


Last weekend, my strong man started on my (almost completely cost free!) compost bin I've been wanting him to build.  We planned this building adventure weeks ago and then Bill broke his knee cap and has been out of commission.  As you can see, he is back in "Honey Do" mode!  Can I hear an Amen?! 



He even had a little bit of help...



...until it was time to rest and dream about being a villian in outer space....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember this project
I finished. 
(I think I hear the Hallelujah chorus playing in the background...)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And remember this?
It turns out beautifully. 
I wouldn't recommend spending a whole lot of time taste testing....
not that I speak from experience....



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, I've finally started on this.
Stay tuned....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friends...

They are powerful in my life.  I am truly blessed.
I was able to spend many luxurious hours with my sweet girlfriends, Connie and Meleah, on Sunday, perusing the Canton flea market.  Under the circumstances, I didn't really have any money to spend, but enjoyed many rain-soaked hours, walking around (ankle-deep in water) with these amazing women.  They, along with so many other women friends, are treasures in my life.  But Sunday with these ladies was filled with encouraging words, sweet moments and precious conversation. 

And my sweet friend Connie blessed me with this t-shirt, that is so fitting right now...

Thank you, friend.

3 comments:

Love the Decor! said...

May you continue to feel the presence of The Lord in all of your circumstance. I am so glad you can lean on Him during this difficult time. Praying for blessings for you this day!

Twincerely,Olga said...

Great blog!Just wanted to say hi! My dad live in Richardson like 20 million years ago! God Bless!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

God's blessings ALWAYS come gift wrapped in many different ways.

You are truly RICH in friendships and relationships...and that my friend...is a treasure. :-)