Thursday, October 22, 2009

Crazy thinking

Remember this?


And then my friend, Jeff, made me this....


And now it looks like this...

(I still have to accessorize it, but I love it!)


I absolutely love it.  My coffee tastes more amazing in the morning, coming from it's own bar.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you ever feel like this....


or this......


or this....


at 2:00 in the afternoon?  I do.   


Life can be exhausting. 

Physically... there are very practical reasons I am currently exhausted.
(a)  I am not going to bed on time.
(b)  I am not eating as healthfully as I normally do.
(c)  I am not drinking enough water.
(d)  I'm exercising sporadically at best.

Simply....I'm just plain old doing all the stuff I know not to do...and am obviously expecting different results.  That's just crazy thinking

Spiritually....it's exhausting trying to carry all the stuff God could carry for me...if I'd let him. 


Sometimes I take things back from Him.  I take my eyes off of Him. I place them on other things.  And then there is unrest, not as much peace, and defintely not the joy


Again, I'm just plain old doing the stuff I know not to do...yet again...
crazy thinking


God can.  He has.  He will.
I should continue to trust.  And seek Him.


And take care of myself.  God is doing His part.  I need to do mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This post was sweet today.  Hop over and read it, if you get the chance. 
Aunt Ruthie is adorable, sweet...and inspiring.


Have a great day...with no crazy thinking!


And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.
Colossians 3:2 (Amplified Bible)

3 comments:

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

Wow! I LOVE the idea of coffee bar!! We love our coffee over here and that idea is just sweet! I may copy it from you if I can find a place for something like that. Besides the bar, I have been experiencing the same things also in my life (about doing things that I know aren't good for me). Why do we do this to ourselves when we know we shouldn't be?? It is crazy thinking...lol.

Unknown said...

That coffee bar is so cute. I agree that I have not been taking care of myself either.... We need to be good to ourselves. We are worth it.. I know you are.

Cynthia

Every Day Blessings said...

I love the coffee bar. You had a great idea! Too cute!