Sunday, April 26, 2009

Super Power Muffins

We had a great time making some very yummy and nutritious muffins!

I wanted to share the recipe with you. HOWEVER.....I would totally give credit where credit is due, IF I COULD REMEMBER WHERE IT IS DUE!!!!! I cannot, for the life of me, remember where in blogland I picked up this recipe. So, in the very far-reaching chance that the owner of this recipe reads, or hears, about this...I never intended to take credit. I just can't remember where it came from. I'm so sorry! But be encouraged if the recipe is yours...it is DELISH. We love these!

We made "Super Power Muffins". I made actual muffins..and the boys "made" their own.


The RECIPE:

1 cup brown sugar (don't pack it)
1/4 to 1/2 cup peanut butter
1 banana
1/2 cup of applesauce or carrot puree
1 egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
*optional 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients well and set aside. Blend everything else and then sift in dry ingredients.

Spray muffin tray. Bake for 15-18 mins.
Makes 12 ~ double for 24. (I made muffins and mini-muffins)

It makes a great breakfast!
I put some in the freezer for later, as well.

So how are they, you ask? Let's ask my 2-year-old....


Enough said!

2 comments:

Connie :) said...

YUM-O! You make me want to bake ... LOL :) !!!

Colleen said...

When are you going to open up your own B&B???