Friday, March 20, 2009

The Spring Reading Thing

I really like to read. Unfortunately, I get caught up in the craziness of life...and by 9:00 at night, I want to do something completely brainless, like watch LOST on tivo. (However, if you're a LOST fan, you KNOW it takes some brain power to keep up with this complex plot!) My husband, who is an avid reader, would LOVE it if I would curl up beside him in bed and read nightly.

I have great intentions at the beginning of each year to tackle more reading...and less television.

So, here is something I'm excited about! I plan to participate in The Spring Reading Thing, hosted by Callapidder Days.


To participate, you have to come up with a list of books and reading goals you would like to complete between March 20th and June 20th. I constantly have a list of books in my head I'd like to go purchase. But for this spring, I have decided to finish the books on my shelf that I have started (sometimes more than once!) and yet to finish.

Look at my sidebar and see the books I'll be reading. Another goal I have made is to read with each of my boys for 15 minutes per day, at least 3 times/week.
I chose an autobiography to start! How fun to read about other people's interesting lives....

I'll make sure and let you know my thoughts on each book as I complete it. And if I don't finish them all, that's okay, too. I will let myself off the hook and just enjoy my reading time, laying next to my sweet husband at night. I would LOVE to know what you'll be reading this spring! Leave me a comment, if you'd like, and share.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have lots of fun & cozy times finishing your books & reading with your boys as well. :)

Veggiemomof2 said...

I haven't read any of them, so I'll be interested in your review of them!

Happy reading!

Lynn said...

Your list looks wonderful. I have read several of Kathy Peel's Family Manager books and they've all been helpful. And I've wanted to read the Celebrations of Discipline for a long time (hmmm, maybe I need more discipline to get to them). Anyway, hope you enjoy your reading time and find it not too painful to snuggle up with your hubby for a few minutes of it at night :)