Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We're back in town!

We're back in town from being in Atlanta. We are all tired, but had a wonderful time with our family. We're getting back in the swing of things, as we step over mounds of dirty clothes and suitcases to clean out and put away.

Today would have been a logical day to begin working on all of that, and it's very hard for me to "sit" in this mess, but honestly, the weather was AMAZING and we didn't want to miss out on any of it. So we scrapped all "responsibility" and went to two different parks, took naps and made fresh fruit and marshmallow k-bobs. It was a great day. I enjoyed my kids immensely and for those of you who know me, I KNOW you're proud of me for making that choice.

Tomorrow is officially our last day of school (speaking pre-school and Mother's Day Out). The boys will be home with me all summer. Honestly, I'm stoked! I'm really looking forward to it. I've been planning activities to keep their brains working for the summer, on top of swimming lessons and just plain enjoying the summer and each other.

As far as diet/exercise, all I can say about that (pertaining to the past 5 days at the reunion) is "diet/exercise, schmiet/schmexercise!" We DID, however, actually go running one day (in the hills we're so not used to) and nearly died, but we also ate like food was about to be extinct. So I "start again tomorrow"....(do I hear an amen out there?)

As far as our budget for the month.....traveling is hard on the pocketbook. There are always unexpected expenses. And some of the additional expenses are just plain old stupid tax! (A phrase coined by Dave Ramsey, that unfortunately we refer to more often than we would like.) It means, just plain stupid financial decisions or mistakes made. We discovered the night before we were slated to leave that I had booked the flight for the wrong weekend! So, we had to pay a fee (un-planned for, of course) to change our ticket at the very last minute, as well as pay the ticket price difference. Ouch! I was also really shocked that the airline now charges to check a bag (which really chaps me!). Obviously I'm not big traveler and didn't know, therefore I didn't plan. Another ouch! So, I suppose we didn't do as well budget-wise this month as I had hoped, but we'll talk about that another day.

Hope you had a terrific Memorial Day weekend as well! Back to the grindstone....

1 comment:

Connie :) said...

Sister, I have 2 words for you (at this time :) ... PROUD! and AMEN! Glad y'all had a good trip and a mah-ve-lous day today! LOVE YOU!:)