Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What's going on?

My husband asked me last night, "when are you going to post to your blog again?" I thought, "I'm not sure. I guess I don't have much to say."

We're just super busy doing life around here. I guess I can update you.

I have started hitting the gym again. And this time, it's not a "walk-in-the-door-look-around-and-decide-what-sounds-fun-to-do-and-do-that-exercise" situation...because nothing ever does sound FUN, so I aimlessly wander around for enough time to have some kid-free sanity, while half-heartedly "working out". Then, I go pick up my kids from the childcare area..and they are more sweaty than I am.

Nope. I am on a structured, regimented eating/work-out schedule. It's a 3-month committment. I KNOW I can do it, because I did it almost 7 years ago and felt and looked the best ever. So, I figured....rolling into the big 4-0 this fall, I wanted to go in swinging! I'll keep you updated on this. What I CAN tell you is this....3 days into it...and I'm still excited. Ask me again in 3 more days....

I'm still getting things organized around here. We're still cleaning up and cleaning out...hopefully to culminate in a yard sale on Saturday.

We've planted some tomatoes. I've enjoyed watching them grow about 2 inches in a week and a half. (I haven't actually measured them, so if that's not even possible, then know that I've only eye-balled them) Regardless, they seem bigger! Even with my 2-year-old drowning them with the water from the hose twice already.

For Mother's Day, I was given an hour massage, by my two little guys (which I plan to redeem at my earliest convenience!) and from their Daddy, I was given this fabulous book and permission to get the garden in the ground. I just need to collect my facts, my supplies, my help and then I'll have my gift. (Wow, this gift seems like a lot of work on my part) But I'm excited!

Lastly, and most importantly, I've been spending some treasured time with the Father in the book of Numbers in the mornings. What a full, rich and deep book! I am learning so much about the character of God...His provision for us...and love and devotion to us, yes...but also His undeniable sovereignty as the one true GOD, who must be worshipped and obeyed.

Summer is fast approaching. I am excited to have my boys home with me after June 1. I am planning lots of activity, to wear them out on a daily basis. I also hope to engage their minds and their hearts a little. I'll share those adventures as they occur.

Until then, I'm gonna go eat my celery for lunch. Totally kidding.

1 comment:

Connie :) said...

Sister, have I taught you nothing?!?! You will be celebrating the first anniversary of your 39th birthday ... 39 with one year's experience! LOL :) Been there, done that, a lonnng time ago - ha! (Nobody'll ever believe you anyway :) LOVE YOU!!